A*STAR RESEARCH ENTITIES
Senior / Research Engineer (Social and Cognitive Computing) – SDK & Backend Engineering, IHPC
Roles & Responsibilities
The Digital Emotions programme focuses on developing new machine intelligence that is capable of recognizing emotions from multi-modal visual and non-visual (voice, language) cues. As we further the R&D effort and translational impact, we seek to develop new commercially attractive software products as well as performing translational research with industry partners for significant business use cases / applications in a number of domains such as media, consumer and professional services.
The candidate will be responsible for server-side application integration and logic that interfaces with frontend UI designs, developing and testing software systems, commonly in the forms of Software Development Kit (SDK) and Application Programming Interface (API). The candidate will be also given opportunities to participate in research-oriented tasks such as machine learning, feature design, data analysis and computational experimentation.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Information Technology / Computer Science / Computer Engineering / E-Commerce or any other relevant discipline
- Programming skills in Python and Perl are essential
- Experience in Linux platform is essential
- Experience in Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools, such as Git and Maven
- Experience in Web application server (e.g., Apache) and browser based application
- Experience in Database, such as MySQL
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on its prevailing recruitment policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
FOR MORE DETAILS PLEASE CONTACT email@example.com