PACIFIC REFRESHMENTS PTE. LTD.
Roles & Responsibilities
This is a contract position, bus pickup points at: Boon Lay, Bukit Batok, Clementi, Choa Chu Kang, Serangoon, paya lebar.
Four core and one backup roles and responsibilities of this position:
- Develop, implement and maintain company, local or international authorities’ environment programs whichever is stricter to ensure adherence to all laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Lead environment management to align with company direction – green field:
- Waste management – waste water treatment, solid waste disposal, chemical waste disposal and others
- Energy management to improve carbon footprint
- Toxic, hazardous and flammable substances management to prevent pollution
- Process water treatment and management – water treatment, water recycling and others
- Develop and implement various initiatives to upgrade plant as a green and environment friendly workplace.
- Coordinate and work closely with third party Pest Controller to prevent pest infestation at CPS plant.
- Back-up role in Safety & Health to ensure S&H program implementation and requirement compliance meeting legal & corporate standards as well as promoting a safe work place for the associates.
Leading role in developing and implementing Environment Programs
- Key leader in developing, implementing and maintaining Environment Management System, ISO 14001 and KORE
- Set environment policy and standard through Safety & Environment Manual
- Establish environment system through procedures.
- Conduct audits periodically and follow up meeting to enforce effectiveness of environment system.
- Organize and conduct training programs, campaigns and provide updates to all departments to upgrade their awareness and knowledge.
- Guide visitors (contractors, vendors, etc.) to follow environment requirements.
- New requirements such as Carbon Footprint
- Lead Company in developing and implementing new local or international requirements such as LEEDS Certification.
- Plan and organize resources and budgets enough funds to support implementation of new requirements.
- Work closely with all departments for training, new procedures preparation and follow up implementation
- Work with authorities and professional bodies to enhance environment friendly workplace
- Liaises with local authority officer in plant inspection, close none compliances (if any) and follow up implementation of all action items.
- Arranges regular trainings to upgrade awareness and knowledge of all the staffs
- Support various campaigns which are organized by local authority / professional bodies.
Lead environment management to develop CPS plant as a green field
- Waste Water Treatment Plant (WWTP)
- Develop, implement and maintain WWTP operation system to ensure quality of discharge effluence comply with local authority requirements.
- Minimize COD, BOD and Total Dissolve Solid (TDS) of trade effluent to acceptable range before discharge.
- Train, coach and develop WWTP operator
- Solid and Chemical Waste
- Liaise with third party to dispose solid and chemical waste according to company and local authority requirements.
- Measure, monitor and improve Solid Waste Ratio and Solid Waste Recovery / Recycling Percentage.
- Energy management
- Measure, monitor and improve Energy Usage Ratio such as Electricity Usage Ratio or Fuel Usage Ratio.
- Work with all parties (Operation teams and vendors) to improve energy usage through good practises, energy saving / friendly devices and others.
- Flammable and hazardous materials management
- License holder of Toxic, Flammable and Hazardous Materials. He/she to apply and comply with local authority (NEA) requirements.
- Liaise with local authority in factory inspection – such as chemical usage, storage and disposal compliance.
- Train and work closely with Operation Team to setup storage and handling procedures
Process water treatment and management
- Water Treatment Plant (WTP)
- Develop, implement and maintain WTP operation system to ensure quality of water comply with KORE before it is release for production.
- Train, coach and develop WTP operator.
- Water Usage
- Measure and monitor Water Usage Ratio periodically
- Check and work closely with all staffs to achieve Water Usage Ratio
- Initiative to work with all parties (include vendors) to improve Water Usage Ratio through recycling or reclaiming processes.
- Work with third party to implement and ensure pest control programs are in place at all time.
- Monitor and appraise performance of pest controller before renewal of contract.
Backup role in Safety and Health Management System
- Safety Risk & Environment Aspect/Impact Assessment and Management
- Training & Communication including developing tools and program to ensure HSE message is consistently and regularly delivered.
- Lead or assist the conducts of monthly WSHE committee meeting
- Developing, implementing and maintaining Safety and Health Management System, OHSAS 18001
- Put in place programs to create a safe environment for employees and other parties
- Involve in the implementation of campaign or program to raise awareness and build safety culture.
- Degree in Environment Engineering or Process Engineering
- Language: Intermediate / advance level of English
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word.
FOR MORE DETAILS PLEASE CONTACT email@example.com