NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
Business Development Manager
Roles & Responsibilities
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for establishing, developing and maintaining partnerships with the Industry and Government Agencies. He will actively seek new industry members to benefit from the consortium and work with the CoolestSG Co-Directors, affiliated researchers and consortium members to jointly identify industry relevant cooling problems. He will match industry members with technology expertise within the Institutes of Higher Learning(IHLs), and drive proposals for funding technology translational activities that address the needs and challenges of Singapore. The Business Development Manager will also advise the consortium on market trends and emerging areas of cooling energy research of relevance to Singapore. This will provide the industry members and Principal Investigators with timely information to proactively develop proposals jointly with industry and government agencies to meet relevant national goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver compelling calls and presentations to introduce CoolestSG’s capabilities and value proposition to drive collaboration projects between IHLs and industry.
- Establish strong, high-value relationships with the cooling industry and relevant industry organizations so as to match IHL technology expertise with industry needs.
- Establish close working relationships with key government agencies, funding bodies, and institutes of higher learning.
- Demonstrate positively CoolestSG’s mission, vision, value statements, reputation, code of ethics, standards, policies and procedures internally and throughout the marketplace.
- Negotiate and communicate complex concepts/business issues to a variety of audiences.
- Identify gaps, solicit market intelligence and analyse market information to develop new translational opportunities.
- Identify and evaluate new markets and partnership opportunities through direct prospecting, networking, attendance and participation with various industry and professional groups and networking associations.
- Evaluate and recommend participation of CoolestSG in networking events, exhibitions related to cooling and develop contacts effectively.
- Manage resources within budgetary guidelines according to CoolestSG policy and within governance guidelines.
- A recognised Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Business, Marketing, Economics or related discipline.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant working experience preferably in the cooling industry. Knowledgeable in cooling technology and energy efficiency is highly preferred.
- Engaging and highly effective interpersonal, communication and presentation skills that cultivate and grow lasting business relationships both internally and externally.
- Awareness of local research landscape and developments. Good grasp of academia-industry relations and industry-relevant research.
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively to ever-changing situations.
- Exhibit strong business acumen, skills and maturity and the ability to work effectively with others.
- Highly developed organizational and planning skills, time management skills and written/oral communications skills.
- Self-driven, target oriented and passionate in a competitive market.
FOR MORE DETAILS PLEASE CONTACT email@example.com