PENSPEN SINGAPORE PTE. LTD.
Lead / Senior Piping Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities
- To establish, in cooperation with the Engineering Manager, the specific requirements of work required for the department.
- To assist the Engineering Manager in ensuring departmental compliance with the Company’s Quality System and Procedures. Close coordination with the company QA Engineer is required.
- To plan, allocate and monitor work within the Mechanical / Piping Department and provide weekly overall progress reports to the Engineering Manager.
- To assess the required technical knowledge and skills of engineers within the discipline, and to determine training needs.
- To coordinate and work with other discipline heads on technical and departmental issues.
- To participate in the Company’s mentoring program to assist, train and/or mentor less experienced engineers.
- To assess scope of work and to prepare discipline man-hour estimates for new project proposals.
- To have an overviewing role on all projects. All discipline related SDC to be performed by the Lead Engineer or his/her nominated Senior Engineer(s).
- To study project requirements to establish a project deliverables list.
- To assist the Engineering Manager in the annual performance review of staff in the department.
- To coordinate with the Engineering Manager for the purchase of additional software and other resources required for the discipline.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering
- Experience in the management of a team of engineers.
- Must have experience in managing design projects.
- Experience in the execution of conceptual design, feasibility studies, PMC, FEED, detail design, procurement support, construction, testing and commissioning
- Experience in the evaluation of technical bids and vendor drawing reviews.
- Experience in the manhour estimation for the preparation of proposals and bids.
- Engineering design knowledge of oil and gas pipelines and associated systems such as pump stations, compressor stations, metering and regulating stations, slug catchers, tank farms and other facilities. Hydraulic computer simulations is an added advantage.
- Experience in piping design, stress analysis, piping material selection, equipment and rotating machinery.
- Experience in the production of specifications, datasheets, material requisitions and drawings such as piping layouts, plot plans, general arrangements and isometrics.
- Solid technical background.
- Good leadership skills with the ability to lead effectively, and to motivate and influence others to adopt company and department objectives.
- Mid-level strategic orientation capabilities of understanding the business beyond a single function; showing clear long term focus and contributes to the overall company objective.
- Ability to motivate and provide technical guidance to the Mechanical/Piping Department.
- Good spoken and written communication capability with senior management and Clients, as well as with colleagues and staff at all levels.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills to be able to coordinate in a multi disciplinary environment.
- Software Skills (MS Office, Autopipe/CAESAR ll, Auto CAD, Math CA)
FOR MORE DETAILS PLEASE CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org