Audit Officer / Senior Audit Officer (IT Audit Department)
Roles & Responsibilities
The Auditor-General’s Office (AGO) is an independent organ of state and the national auditor. Our mission is to audit and report to the President and Parliament on the proper accounting and use of public resources so as to enhance public accountability and help strengthen the financial governance of the public service. AGO conducts various audits and our observations include system weaknesses, non-compliance with control procedures or legislation, and instances of excess, extravagance, or gross inefficiency leading to waste in the use of public funds and resources. We are looking for candidates who possess good leadership qualities, strong drive for achievements, excellent analytical abilities, communication and interpersonal skills.
You will be responsible for carrying out audits on assigned areas so as to enable the Project Lead to conclude and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of controls in Government ICT systems and processes. This includes assisting the Project Lead to identify control weaknesses, areas of concern, obtain the necessary audit evidence to support the audit observations and develop the necessary working papers. As part of evidence gathering to support the audit observations, you will also be required to interview auditees, analyse system configurations and perform data analysis on system logs.
- Singapore Citizenship;
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems studies or equivalent;
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in IT systems audit or in IT security operations;
- Possess working knowledge of Operating Systems, Databases, Network or Application development would be an advantage;
- Able to perform scripting or programming would be an advantage;
- Possess CISA certification or planning to acquire the certification would be preferred;
- Possess strong fundamental knowledge in the principles of IT governance, risks and controls; and
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
Remuneration and position offered will depend on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Serving Public Officers
Serving public service officers with the relevant experience or a keen interest may apply to join AGO.
Candidates need to demonstrate proficiency in English through the provision of supporting documents such as GCE ‘O’/’A’ level results, or other relevant supporting documents.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.