RED PHOENIX COURIER SINGAPORE
Administrative Assistant – Despatch
Roles & Responsibilities
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant – Despatch to join our team and support our daily office procedures.
Reporting to the Chief Officer, a successful Administrative Assistant-Despatch will act as the point of contact for all employees, providing administrative support and managing their queries. Main duties include answering phone calls, managing despatch riders, updating the online delivery system, managing office stock, preparing regular reports (e.g. Manifest, statement of accounts, expenses and office budgets) and organising business records. If you have previous experience as an Office Administrator or similar administrative role, we’d like to meet you. Our ideal candidate also has working knowledge of office equipment and office management role.
An Administrative Assistant-Despatch’s duty to manage the database is important. (S)/he will record all employee, supplier and customer information and input it into a database. Any changes to the database are the responsibility of the Administrative Assistant-Despatch who must update all relevant files. If information is required by a member of staff, it is the responsibility of the Administrative Assistant-Despatch to print the required information and prepare a report that summarises what the staff member needs to know. An Administrative Assistant-Despatch may be responsible for helping with payroll using the database.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure our administrative activities run smoothly on a daily and long-term basis.
- Organise a filing system for important and confidential business documents.
- Answering phone calls including answering queries by employees and clients.
- Update office policies as needed.
- Prepare regular reports on expenses and office budgets.
- Manage office supplies stock and place orders.
- Maintain a company calendar and schedule appointments.
- Book meeting rooms as required.
- Distribute and store correspondance (e.g. letters, emails and packages).
- Prepare reports and presentations with statistical data, as assigned.
- Arrange travel and accommodations.
- Schedule in-house and external events.
- Implementing company policies by informing other staff members. To report back to senior management for review of any concerns or problems arising from the new implementations.
- Managing the business’s database and ensuring all the data are updated (very important).
- Update and maintain staff’s monthly working and vacation schedules.
- Compile and maintain payroll related information for all employees. Track attendance and paid time off and processes all pay actions.
- Invoicing – Create sales invoices in excel and send to customer on a daily basis.
- Filing of payable invoices, customer order slips, payroll documents and customer master files.
- Purchase and maintain office supply inventory.
- Updating the online delivery system of new orders and helping clients upload their requests online.
- Managing despatch riders schedule and ensure all deliveries made on timely basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proven work experience as an Administrative Officer, Administrator or similar role.
- Solid knowledge of office procedures.
- Experience with office management softwares like MS Office (specifically MS Excel, MS Word and MS Powerpoint).
- Strong organisational skills with a problem-solving attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must enjoy working with a wide variety of people including public and able to stay calm and act quickly in emergencies.
- Able to represent the business in a professional manner when interacting with callers and visitors to the office.
- Attention to detail and performs all duties in a manner consistent with good safety practises.
- Understands needs, priorities, policies and procedures, and able to comprehend, compile and intepret information.
- Function with a high degree of independence;
- Ability to plan daily routines and manage time efficiently to achieve the daily workload;
- Write clearly and prepare clear comprehensive reports.
- Able to maintain electronic and paper records.
- Comprehend written material and able to interpret and apply rules and instructions
FOR MORE DETAILS PLEASE CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org